Search

Our Lady's Secondary School, Templemore

Mission Statement

We endeavour to provide a caring, safe and disciplined environment in which all students are challenged and supported to reach their educational and personal potential. It is our aim that students leaving our school should be well adjusted, responsible and enterprising individuals capable of meeting the challenges of a changing society. We strive to further the Christian and moral development of each student within an atmosphere that reflects the Mercy ethos and long tradition of education.
 

School History

The Sisters of Mercy provided second level education in Templemore from the time they arrived there in 1863. In 1955 the Convent School became a Voluntary Secondary School, catering for three hundred girls, including eighty boarders. Then in 1932 The Christian Brothers School opened and provided secondary education for boys from a wide catchment area.

In 1985, the two schools amalgamated to form Our Lady's Secondary Secondary School, combining the philosophies of Catherine Mc Auley and Br. Edumund Rice; this was a natural progression as a spirit of co-operation existed between the two communities since the 1930's.

In 2003 when St. Sheelan's College ceased to provide secondary education, Our Lady's became the only secondary school in the town. We are conscious of the great responsibility placed on us and we strive to do our best for each individual student.
 

logo

Address:
Templemore

Tel:
0504-31299

Fax:
0504-31194

Email:
office@ourladystemplemore.ie

Website:
http://www.ourladystemplemor…

Principal:
Ms. Patricia Higgins

Deputy Principal:
Mr. William Butler