Coláiste an Chroí Naofa, Carraig na bhFear
Coláiste an Chroí Naofa, Carraig na bhFear, is a Catholic School of the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart, inspired by the charism of "bringing God's love to all people". It is dedicated to Christian Education. We aspire to the nurturing and growth of the individual in a pleasant working environment where:
- Each student and staff member is involved and individual talents are developed and enhanced;
- Parents and local community involvement is encouraged;
- True community is fostered through open communication and respect for each person;
- The strong Gaelic tradition (Irish language, culture and games) is recognised and encouraged;
- An atmosphere of spirituality prevails.
Coláiste an Chroí Naofa, The Sacred Heart College, is located in the village of Carraig na bhFear approximately 12 kilometres north west of Cork City.
It was established by the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart in 1950 as a seminary and was originally a boarding school for boys.
Since then it has evolved into the present day co-educational voluntary secondary school attended by approximately 450 boys and girls.
Under the trusteeship of CEIST the school is managed by a Board of Management representing the trustees, parents and staff.