Ride on Mowers / Tractors

Many schools now own tractors or " ride on" lawn mowers. All such vehicles require a separate motor insurance policy.

Whilst they may never be used on public roads, the Road Traffic act deems them to be mechanically propelled vehicles and within the terms of the act separate motor insurance is required.

All drivers of such vehicles should have a current drivers licence and have received appropriate training to use any such vehicles.