26 Apr 2018
St. Mary’s College, Ballysadare Special Olympics
Myra Merrick presents TY students with certificates for volunteering to help Special Olympics.Read More
To create an environment where all students, teachers and staff can reach their full potential, in a Christian atmosphere, in partnership with parents and the wider community.
We aim to:
We strive to achieve our aims by:
1943 The Sisters of Mercy opened a modest School in Ballysadare.
1953 A three room School was opened to accommodate forty students who
then attended St. Mary’s.
1968 Boys were enrolled for the first time.
1969 A new Home Economics room was built
1982 Phase 1 of the school building – a Science Laboratory, Library, Woodwork Room, four classrooms, Staff Room, offices and a general purpose room.
1988 Development of tennis courts and basketball courts, Gaelic and Soccer pitches.
1989 Phase 2 of the school building – a Geography Room, Art, Room, Home Economics Room and ten classrooms.
1997 Science laboratory, two classrooms, office space
2000 Extra classrooms, Prayer Room
2003 Lunch Room was built
2004 3rd Science Room was built
2005 2nd Computer Room was built