Our main purpose is to support all who work in our schools in making the CEIST Charter values a lived reality in the schools.
Face to face visits are our main touchstone for this assurance.
We also assist Boards of Management in governance issues and selecting the four CEIST Trustees to the Board as well as formally appointing the whole Board according to the Education Act and the Articles of Management.
The Faith Leadership and Governance team also supports Boards in the appointment process for Principals and Deputy Principals.
The Annual CEIST Statistical Returns can now be completed online through the e-portal.
We will be happy to speak with you directly and arrange a visit to meet you in your school.
Services Provided to CEIST Schools
The following is a list of suggestions for staff seminars, workshops, retreats, presentations, etc. on offer from the team to CEIST schools. Our motto is: if there is anything you think we can do for you, just let us know and we will seek to be of assistance.
(1) Full staff reflection days, retreat days, time-out days or half days and input of varying lengths to staff meetings.
Themes we address include the following:
- Address to whole-school staffs
- Staff affirmation and uplift.
- Taking a fresh look at ‘faith’ today.
- What it means to be a ‘Catholic School ‘ in today’s Ireland.
- Rising to the challenge of being a ‘Faith School’ now.
- Coping with the variety and range of our own religious views.
- Catholic imagination and contemporary culture
- Being a teacher in a Catholic School today.
- The CEIST Charter and its relevance.
- Being a Catholic school through the liturgical year.
- Spirituality as a gift rather than a test.
- Spirituality as the core of education.
- The terms of our affiliation as teachers.
- The seasons of our teaching lives.
- Training for our School Boards of Management
- In-Service Day for Chairpersons of our School Boards of Management
- Training for CEIST School Finance Sub-Committees
(3) Address to parents
- Parents’ Association
- Parents’ AGM
- Parents of First Years
(4) Review of policies (example list below not exhaustive)
- Mission Statement
- Faith Development Policy
- Religious Education Policy
- RSE Policy
- Pastoral Care Policy
- SEN Policy
(5) Support for / visits to Ethos Committees
- formed by Board or Staff.
(6) Address to Students
- Award nights
(7) Prayer Services
- For different times of the liturgical year ( November, Advent, Lent, Easter etc) and for other significant occasions.
(8) Approaches to Prayer
- Workshops on different approaches to prayer
- Workshop on Lectio Divina