- This event has passed.
The Irish Catholic Education Conference
The Irish Catholic is hosting a special national conference on the future of denominational education on Thursday, October 24th.
Faith-based education has been in the spotlight for some time and some people are even questioning whether or not the State should continue to fund schools that are under a faith-based patronage.
Our conference – hosted in the Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge in Dublin 4 – will focus on the place of faith-based education in our increasingly secular society and Catholic schools in particular. The conference will be addressed by:
- Mr Francis Campbell, Vice-Chancellor of St Mary’s University, Twickenham and a former UK Ambassador to the Holy See
- Bishop Tom Deenihan, Bishop of Meath
- Paul Barber, Director of Catholic Education Service of England and Wales
- Natalie Finnigan, Secondary Education Advisor for Archdiocese of Glasgow
- Bairbre Cahill, Columnist with The Irish Catholic
We hope that the invited speakers – drawing on the experience of faith-based education in other jurisdictions – will help stimulate a lively conversation that will make a contribution to the debate in Ireland.
Please click below for more information.