23 May 2019
Coláiste Bríde Clondalkin News – May 2019
Gaisce Bronze Adventure On the sunny morning of 3rd May 2019 27 Coláiste Bríde students along with Miss…Read More
The Presentation Sisters came to Clondalkin in 1843 and after providing Primary education for over 100 years; they eventually decided to establish a Secondary School in 1955. The beginnings were humble with limited structures and facilities but in spite of this the quality of the education was rich and empowering.
In 1955 the Presentation Sisters established a Secondary School. Part of the convent was used as classrooms until 1970 when the Coláiste Bríde Building was open.
The school premises were built on an attractive green-field site but since then the student population has outgrown its walls and facilities so a brand new school was opened in 2008 by the Minister for Health, Mary Harney.