17 Dec 2018
Our Lady Of Mercy Secondary School, Drimnagh Career’s Café
Our Lady Of Mercy Secondary School, Drimnagh spent a great deal of time putting preparations in place for…Read More
Under the CEIST Charter our school continues to promote our core values in a caring and welcoming environment.
The parish of Our Lady of Good Counsel was established on the 9th of April 1943. Fr. Eugene Trainor then a curate in St. Michael’s Parish, Inchicore, was appointed the first Parish Priest.
Some nine months later on the 10th January 1944 the National Schools complex, then regarded as one of the largest in Europe was officially opened by the then Minister for Education, Thomas O’Derrig.
In 1956 a Secondary Top was created offering education up to Intermediate Certificate standard and this was followed in 1967 by full Secondary School for girls offering education up to Leaving Certificate.
Our present school, Our Lady of Mercy co-ed Secondary School, was established some thirty years ago in September 1973 and caters for 320 students from the parish and beyond its boundaries.