13 Dec 2018
St. Joseph’s Tulla TY Update (Vol.4 Issue 1) Christmas 2018
The TY teaching team met a whole new group of Transition Year students in late August and were…Read More
St. Joseph’s is a Catholic Secondary School under the trusteeship of CEIST . We are a caring community which fosters belonging and self-worth while promoting academic and personal fulfillment.
Secondary education began in Tulla in 1950, when 38 students enrolled in the Mercy school behind the church.
The first Leaving Certificate class graduated in 1954.
Work on a new school began in 1956 and was completed the following year at a cost of £12,000. At that time 100 students were on the rolls.
Due to expanding enrolment as a result of free second-level education it was decided to move to a new location in 1970 at Fogarty’s Cross. The school worked on a spilt site for a while until the building was completed in 1985.
In April 2016, the new Public Private Partnership Strand 4 building was occupied for the first time. The Minister for education and Skills, Mr Richard Bruton, TD officially opened the school on the 22nd September 2016. It was officially blessed by Bishop Fintan Monaghan, Bishop of Killaloe and Fr Brendan Lawlor, School Chaplain.