As momentum gathers we are delighted to be receiving word about all the planned activities and events to celebrate our inaugural Ceiliúradh CEIST day on 1st February 2022.
We are delighted with the response of all our schools to this very special occasion and we can see from your many Tweets and Instagram posts how you intend to celebrate your school as part of the CEIST community and make this a special day.
Examples of planned events include:-
- Engage a run up of activities with students before February 1st e.g a daily focus on different CEIST Values culminating in display on February 1st of the what these values mean.
- A series of photos and/or a short video showing one student after the other from different nations displaying a CEIST / Christ Encountered in Schools Today sign / poster in their native language
- Prepare a video of where CEIST Values are most apparent round the school
- Ceiliúradh CEIST: Native Irish Tree Planting
- Word Wall / Kahoot / Reflection Journal– CEIST Values
- Keyrings with torch – representing our CEIST Candle Journey
- Jigsaw for each year group – encouraging a coming together
- Special Wall of Gratitude
- Special painting to commemorate the day
- Handprints Collage
- Footsteps around the school reflecting a journey together with CEIST Charter Values
- Linking St Brigid’s story and CEIST
- Blessing of Prayer Cards Ceremony
- Student leaders to read CEIST Charter Prayer / Special service designed by and delivered by school students
- Special classes across the day / Special focus on inclusion
- Raise the school / CEIST Flag
- Special Treats – Hot Chocolate etc.
- Establish a twining project with another CEIST school
- Establish a local cluster of CEIST schools
- Local newspaper article
As excitement builds and preparations come together share stories and posts over the week as we proudly display what distinguishes our CEIST community and all of the great work happening in all of our schools.